Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Alexandria, VA is seeking a part-time organist to accompany weekly Sunday morning service. This part-time position is approximately 12 hours per week under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
• Provide organ and/or piano music for Sunday worship service to include but not limited to accompanying all congregational singing of hymns, choral anthems, and additional service music.
• Accompany adult choirs under the direction of the Director of Adult Choirs for rehearsal and Sunday worship service.
• In addition to Sundays, accompany seasonal worship services and rehearsals such as Holy Week, Easter, Advent, and Christmas.
• Engage substitute organist/accompanist, as required, in consultation with the Director of Adult Choirs.
• Schedule periodic maintenance and tuning of Casavant Pipe organ and pianos.
• Plan and provide organ and/or piano service music and hymn suggestions in coordination with the planned sermon series.
• Attend periodic ministry area staff meetings.
Aldersgate UMC proudly maintains a 2000 Casavant organ. It is the 3,794th instrument built by the Casavant Brother’s Factory and features 25 stops, 30 ranks, and 1796 pipes.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references by September 17 to the Aldersgate Staff Parish Relations team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Video or audio samples are welcome but not required.